Motel USA understands that visitors to our web site may have questions about how this web site collects and uses information. We have prepared this statement to inform you of the privacy principles that govern dormroad.com.
We have not configured this web site to collect any personal information from your computer when browsing this site. This means that, unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with personal information, we will not know your name, your e-mail address, or any other information identifiable to you.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address:
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer every time you browse the Internet. When users request a page from our site, our servers log the user's current IP address. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems. We do not link IP addresses to any personal information about you.
Our web site uses "cookie" technology. "Cookies" are encrypted strings of text that a web site stores on a user's computer. Our web site requires the use of a cookie throughout the online reservation process. In addition, a cookie is used to:
-recognize return visitors
-allow registered users to login without typing their login name each time
-"remember" the purchases of gift certificates that you place in the "shopping basket" for that visit
-customize the appearance of our web site based on the hotel brand you initially sought to visit (i.e., based on the web site address you initially typed in)
-store and recall user preferences and identify which of our web pages are most useful for our visitors
-measure usage of our site and the various pages on the site
-provide functionality and content that we believe would be of interest and value to you
If you do not wish to receive these cookies, you may set your browser to reject the cookies (consult the instructions for your particular browser on how to do this), although doing so may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our web site.
Information Needed to Execute the Transaction You Request:
When we need to collect information from you, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our hotels, we will ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card type, credit card number, expiration date and room preference (non-smoking room or no preference) to process your reservation. We will use your e-mail address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for help to process the reservation. The same type of information would be requested to complete a gift certificate transaction.
We may also ask you to fill out an online customer survey, to obtain your suggestions or comments about your use of Motel USA services, or for similar purposes. Providing this information is voluntary and it is used only for the purpose for which the information was collected and is not used for direct marketing or shared with other companies. When a user makes a reservation online, the information may be transferred to a third party processing agent that has agreed not to disclose or use such information, (except as consistent with this Privacy Statement).
Securing the Transmission and Storage of Information:
When we ask you for personal data when making a reservation or purchasing a gift certificate, including your name, address and credit card data, it is transferred over a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) line provided you are using a SSL enabled browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. This ensures that your information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet. This secure mode is enabled before any such information is transmitted from your computer. You will know you are in secure mode when the padlock icon in the lower right-hand or left-hand corner of the computer screen appears in the locked position. In addition, when accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https." After information reaches Motel USA it is stored on a secure server that resides behind a firewall that is designed to block access from outside the Company. Motel USA cannot guarantee security of the information.
It is our intention to only send you e-mail communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive. When you make a reservation on dormroad.com or make a reservation via telephone and provide your e-mail address, we will occasionally contact you via e-mail and provide information about products and offerings that may be of interest to you. These communications will typically relate to special Motel USA offers and promotions and/or the promotions of our travel partners. Strictly safe and private - we will not share or sell your email address. If you would prefer not to receive such e-mails you may opt-out of future e-mails in every e-mail message you receive from Motel USA.
We use a third-party e-mail service provider to send e-mails. This service provider is prohibited from using your e-mail address for any purpose other than to send a Motel USA related e-mail. E-mails you receive do contain pixel tags that help us to send the e-mail in a format you can read, to allow us to track the aggregate number of e-mails read and to measure in aggregate if any of the links in the e-mail were accessed. No other information is collected or used from pixel tags.
Motel USA Use of Information:
We treat the information you provide to us as confidential information; it is, accordingly, subject to our company's security procedures and strict corporate policies regarding protection and use of confidential information. Because laws applicable to personal information vary by country, our hotels or other business operations may put in place additional measures that vary depending on the applicable legal requirements. Information is processed and stored in the United States, in which data protection laws are not as comprehensive as in the European Union. Your accessing this web site, or placement of a reservation with Motel USA, constitutes consent for the transfer of information to the United States for storage and processing by Motel USA, its affiliates and their respective contractors.
The personal information you provide to us for making a reservation is made available to the applicable hotel for the purpose of meeting your reservation request. If you cancel your reservation, the information is stored for recordkeeping purposes only and is not accessed again unless requested by a governmental authority. After completing your stay at a Motel USA, the information you provide may be used by us for direct marketing of Motel USA, other Motel USA products or business partner products. Motel USA may use the services of a third party mail house for the sole purpose of mailing materials. These mail houses are subject to confidentiality and nonuse obligations.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties:
Motel USA prohibits the sale or transfer of personal information to entities outside of the Motel USA family for their use without your approval and giving you the opportunity to opt-out. Motel USA may, notwithstanding the foregoing, assign or transfer your personally identifiable information (i) by operation of law, or (ii) to an entity that acquires substantially all of our stock, assets or business.
Links to Other Sites:
If you choose to leave this Motel USA site via links to other non-Motel USA sites, including those of advertisers, Motel USA is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of those sites, nor is Motel USA responsible for the cookies those sites use.
This is a United States web site and is subject to United States law. Motel USA will disclose personal information without your permission when required by law, or in good faith belief that such action is permitted by law.
dormroad.com Privacy Statement Changes:
In the future, we may need to change the privacy statement for dormroad.com. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
How to Contact Us:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or privacy concerns please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
1. Proprietary Rights. The Web Site is protected by copyright as an audiovisual work, collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. The contents of the Web Site are only for your personal, non-commercial use. All materials contained on the Web Site (the "Content") are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by us or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You will abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content on the Web Site. You may download and make one (1) copy of the Content and other downloadable items displayed on this Web Site for personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from us or the copyright holder identified in the individual Content's copyright notice.
2. Motel USA's Internet sites may contain or reference trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Motel USA and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Motel USA and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
3. You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our site, and that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein, without the prior express consent from an authorized Motel USA representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search web sites to direct Internet users to this site).
4. This site may provide you with the ability to use usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of this site ("access codes"). The content contained in such restricted areas is confidential to Motel USA, and is provided to you for your personal use only. We prohibit the use of such access codes on your behalf by third parties where we determine that such use interferes with our site's operation to result in commercial benefits or other entities to our detriment. Motel USA reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site at any time, including the availability of any Web Site feature, database, or content, and may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict access to parts or all of the Web Site without notice or liability
5. ALL Motel USA INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, DAMAGES FROM PERSONAL INJURY, DAMAGES FROM WRONGFUL DEATH OR DAMAGES FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE, THE CONTENT OR OUR SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM OR BY THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR OUR SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEB SITE OR THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS WEB SITE, THE CONTENT OR OUR SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED ON THIS WEB SITE . ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR OUR SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Motel USA Information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Motel USA reserves the right to make changes, corrections and/or improvements to Motel USA Information, and to the products and programs described in such information, at any time without notice. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE WEB SITE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
9. Third Party Web Sites. The Web Site contains links and pointers to other related web sites, resources, and sponsors of the Web Site. Links to and from the Web Site to other third party sites, maintained by third parties, do not constitute an endorsement by us or any of our subsidiaries or affiliates of any third party resources, or their contents.
10. Motel USA Internet sites contain information on Motel USA's products and services, not all of which are available in every location. A reference to a Motel USA product or service on a Motel USA Internet site does not imply that such product or service is or will be available in your location.
11. If you choose to leave this Motel USA site via links to other non-Motel USA sites, including those of advertisers, Motel USA is not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites or the cookies those sites use. In addition, because Motel USA has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Motel USA is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This site is controlled and operated by DBA Motel USA, Inc. from its offices within the State of Minnesota, United States of America. DBA Motel USA, Inc. makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Douglas County and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
This is a United States web site and is subject to United States law. Motel USA will disclose any information regarding the use of this site including personal information pertaining to you without your permission when required or permitted by law, or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to Motel USA guests, visitors, associates, or property (including this site), or to others.
13. Prohibited Conduct. You represent, warrant and covenant that: (a) you shall not upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Web Site any materials which (i) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Site, (ii) are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, (iii) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate law, (iv) violate, plagiarize or infringe the fights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right, (v) contain a virus or other harmful component, (vi) contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature, (vii) contain advertising of any kind, or (viii) constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact; and (b) that you are at least eighteen (18) years old.
16. If you would like to view the privacy practices that govern dormroad.com please see our privacy statement at www.dormroad.com//privacy-policy-and-terms-of-use.php